Total Pageviews

Sunday 14 May 2017

Pronto Pasta

So, post Italy I am still feeling the need (or possibly the desire) for some italian cuisine. No time to shop and stock up on goods from the deli counter so, what could I make?

Well luckily I always have some store-cupboard goodies to rustle up an impromptu meal. These include jars of sun dried tomatoes, olives and peppers but this time I resorted to the spice rack. Luckily all my herbs and spices were in date after the recent cull (Taste not waste 19/3/17) so I set to work.

5g dried parsley
5g garlic granules
10g dried chilli flakes
10g sea salt flakes


Add the above to a drop of hot olive oil in a pan and add the cooked pasta (linguine in my case). Toss the drained pasta in the oil and then pop back a little starchy cooking water from the pasta. You're aiming to coat the pasta rather than make a sauce.


Within ten minutes I had an Italian inspired meal in front of me. Probably not quite what mamma used to make but tasty nonetheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment