Total Pageviews

Sunday 4 June 2017

Carpe diem

Only last week we were remembering those killed in the Manchester bombing. Today our minds are with those affected by the London terror attack. The world has gone crazy.

We stand together, united in the belief that the terrorists will not stop us from going about our daily lives and, what's more, enjoying our lives. Both these attacks have been targeted at innocent people out having fun.

A week ago the forecast was good and I invited lots of friends around for drinks and nibbles alfresco. They were from different friendship groups and did not all know one another. What a great group of people! Everyone mixed and mingled and made friends. Perhaps we all need to do that on a larger scale. It's a naive thought and isn't going to bring about world peace but it is a start. We could start by learning to love thy neighbour (or at least getting to know them). Seize the day! 

Our impromptu party was washed down with drinks and helped by friends taking round the plates of nibbles I had provided. The following day these crudités and dips were staring at me from the fridge as I had forgotten to put them out. 


I ended up having a very healthy snacking weekend. I wonder if these particular veggies are good for memory? Maybe next time I'll remember to share them.


No comments:

Post a Comment